The intriguing names of these Skandinavisk Candles give an insight both to the fragrances and to the inspiration behind their creation. Fjord, for example, encapsulates an outdoor freshness, Rosenhave the sweet but robust nature of Scandinavian roses and Skog the woody masculinity of a forest. These candles make a perfect gift or are a well-deserved self-indulgence in unsettled times.
Skandinavisk was founded by two Englishmen who, having moved to Denmark, found that the natural geography, weather, and the way of life in their new homeland was extraordinary and enriching. Together they have created life-enhancing scents that represent the warmth of the people around them and evoke the essential coolness of the Scandinavian way of life.
100% organic, vegan, and sustainable.
Chose from ten different fragrances (translation in brackets):
- Hav (Sea)
- Hygge (Cosiness)
- Koto (Home)
- Lempi (Love)
- Lykke Happiness)
- Oy (Island)
- Ro (Tranquility)
- Rosenhave (Rosegarden)
- Skog (Forest)
- Regn (After rainfall)
Materials: 100% organic vegetable oil wax, cotton wick, glass jar, beech oak lid
Size: H:9cm, Dia:8cm
Burn time: 50 hours
- Fjord – woods, orchards, wild berries, blackcurrants and raspberry flowers
- Hav (Sea) – sea spray, rosa rugosa and hawthorn
- Hygge (Cosiness) – tea and baked strawberry cake, rose petals and wild mint
- Koto (Home) – baltic amber and philadelphus, with mandarin and vanilla
- Lempi (Love) – roses, strawberries, peony and oakmoss
- Lykke (Happiness) – spring snowdrops, lemon nettle and apple mint
- Oy (Island) – damp rockmoss, dog rose and crab apple
- Ro (Tranquility) – fresh grass, crumpled leaves, ambered woods
- Rosenhave (Rosegarden) – alba rose and elderflower, blackcurrant buds and lily of the valley
- Skog (Forest) – spruce and pine needles, lily of the valley, musk and aged heather
Advice: Always burn your candle until the whole surface becomes liquid. This step may take a long time, especially during the first burning. When the entire top of the wax is liquid, do not burn it longer than one hour. The top layer of liquid wax should never exceed one centimeter in height. Never burn your candle more than the maximum burning time indicated in the candle’s instructions. Never burn it down totally; leave one centimeter at the bottom.