Gladiolus 'Sapporo', pack of 15 corms
- Height and Spread: up to 90cm (2ft 11in) x W:20cm (8in)
- Pack of 15 corms
The flower spikes are accompanied by sword like leaves, hence the name ‘gladiolus’ which translates as ‘little sword’.
- Tender perennial
- Plant: from March, approx 10cm deep, with width much the same (can be closer in a pot).
- Flowers: July- September (will flower approx 3 months after planting)
- Well drained soil
- South or West aspect
- Full sun
- Plant at a depth of 3x the size of the corm
- Gladioli do not like wet soil- so add grit or sand to improve drainage if required
- Feed with potassium rich feed (such as tomato feed) to promote flowering when spikes start to appear
- Will require protection from the wind and flowers need staking (take care not to damage corm with cane)
- Stagger planting if required for cut flowers to ensure supply
- Corms are generally lifted in winter as they do not fare well if left in the ground during the wet and cold.
- Cut the stems back when all florets have opened- but leave foliage in place to feed corm
- Wear gloves when handling
- Toxic to pets
Your product is out of stock - enter your email below and you will receive a notification when it becomes available again.