How to: Make a Mossy Candle Nest
- Living moss, sustainably foraged or purchased (make sure you dampen thoroughly before use, and spritz with water before each lighting of the candle)
- Long dinner candles
- Small, tall sided cups, preferably the size of an espresso cup (here we have used our botanical printed espresso cups from Sthal)
- Separate out a generous handful of your dampened moss.
- Place a candle upright in the centre of a cup and hold it steady with one hand.
- With your other hand, start to push down the moss around the candle, making sure you are getting right to the bottom. Keep adding moss until the cup is full and the candle is securely held in place.
- Place your creation along your tablescape, for a warm, wintery ambience. Make sure you extinguish the candles a good inch before the wax meets the moss, to avoid fire hazards.