Terms & Conditions
- Ordering, Payment, Delivery & Returns
- Age Restrictions
- Product Descriptions and Prices
- Our Rights
- Burford Art Gallery
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive
- Accepting our Terms & Conditions
- Competitions at Burford
- Discount Codes & Offers
- Candlelit Christmas Shopping Evening Tickets
By placing an order with us, you are accepting the terms and conditions below:
For the majority of online orders that placed with us, your card will only be charged at the time of despatch. Your order will then be sent out to you, with a delivery lead time relevant to your location. Please click here for more information on expected delivery lead times.
If an item with a longer delivery lead time has been ordered, such as sets of garden furniture, garden sculptures or those that have a dropship delivery structure, your card will be charged at the time of placing and our team processing the order. For any information on lead times for particular items, or if you need help resolving any queries you may have, please call us on 01993 823117 and we will gladly help you.
Whilst we endeavour to keep all items in stock and available for immediate despatch, this may not always be possible.
In the event that an item is temporarily out of stock we will contact you within 24 hours and advise you of an anticipated delivery time. If you have ordered multiple items you will be given the option of waiting and receiving your items all together, or you can choose to have them delivered in two consignments.
If an item has been discontinued or we are unable to secure further stock of any item, we will cancel that order.
Please note, as with all Online Shopping, your completion of the checkout process does not explicitly guarantee we are able to supply the goods ordered and we reserve the right to cancel orders at any point up to the delivery.
Discount voucher codes from third party voucher sites are not valid or supported at Burford Garden Company.
With our Standard Delivery service, we aim to despatch goods held in stock within 72 hours of receiving your order, and often sooner. Delivery will be made as soon as possible thereafter.
All orders require a signature upon delivery. If you know you will not be available to sign for your parcel, please make arrangements for someone to sign on your behalf and advise us of this at the time of placing your order. Our carrier will not leave parcels without a signature unless instructed by us directly. We will only do so if you have requested this but please note, items will then be left at your own risk and we cannot accept responsibility for any losses.
The exception to the above is Heavy or Large Items as you will need to be in at time of delivery. We would like to avoid any delivery hiccups so before you order heavy or large items, please make sure there is sufficient access to your property for delivery and the item will fit in your home. It is your responsibility to ensure that the items you have ordered from us will fit into your property and easy access can be achieved using 2 delivery persons only. If you are in any doubt about measurements or access, please ensure you contact us at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled delivery date so that we can advise appropriately.
Please note an additional £40 charge will be levied if we are unable to deliver the item due to access reasons, if the item does not fit through the door or into that special space that needs filling, or if you are not at home at the time of delivery. We are not able to refund delivery charges in such circumstances. If we need to arrange a second delivery date for the reasons above, we reserve the right to charge for this at the full, non-subsidised rate, to cover our costs. In this event, we will advise you of the re-delivery charge prior to re-delivery.
Please note that we are unable to accept liability for any delay to your delivery that is beyond our control.
Purchases may be delivered to any UK mainland address, providing the card holder supplies their registered home address. For security reasons, telephone orders can only be delivered to the card holder's registered address unless a previous purchase has been made. Please note that card holder details are checked securely by Shopify Pay. We are not able to deliver further afield at present (non-mainland UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, continental Europe, Eire, and the Rest of the World), but we hope to be able to reach you in the future so please bear with us!
If you are not entirely satisfied with your order, we will be happy to offer a full refund or exchange providing the goods are returned unused and in their original packaging within 14 days. For heavy items (e.g. furniture), please call 01993 823117 and we will organise collection directly with our courier.
We will also refund the cost of our Standard Delivery Charge in most cases. If you decide to keep part of your order and return part, there is no entitlement to a refund of Delivery Charges.
Returns postage is a direct cost to you and we regret that this cannot be refunded.
Burford Art Gallery: Purchases made from Burford Art Gallery, including artwork and artefacts for sale online, are made on the understanding that Burford Garden Company is acting as an agent on behalf of the artists and specialist suppliers. Refunds on works are discretionary and goods must be returned within seven days of purchase, at the latest.
Once you have confirmed your order and payment with us, you have entered into a contract to purchase these goods from us.
You have a right to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of goods and receive a full refund (see Returns above, including Burford Art Gallery Terms). If you wish to cancel your order please complete our Cancellation Form and email it to our Customer Service Team through email@example.com.
Alcoholic beverages, axes, knives and garden cutting equipment may only be purchased by customers aged 18 years old and over. You will be asked to verify your age during the order process and by completing this and ordering such goods you have confirmed that you are aged 18 years or older. Identification may be asked for on receipt of delivery.
Burford Garden Company has taken great care to ensure the reproduction of colour, texture and finishes are as accurate as the photographic and production process allows. As many of our items are handmade, actual size and colour may vary slightly but this is indicated in the product copy.
Please note, many of our plants are available to purchase all year round, so they might look a little different to our display photographs at the time of ordering. Depending on the time of year, plants may or may not arrive in flower and will have been pruned, deadheaded, or cut back appropriately for the season.
We make every attempt to ensure our prices are accurate. In the event of a pricing or description error we reserve the right to withdraw an item from sale, under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act.
We reserve the right to amend, modify or withdraw temporarily or permanently any price or product description without notice.
We reserve the right to reject an order as a result of any of the following:
- The product you ordered is unavailable from stock.
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- We have identified a pricing or product description error.
- You do not meet the eligibility criteria set out in our Terms & Conditions.
We reserve the right to amend, modify or withdraw temporarily or permanently any price or product description or terms and conditions with or without notice. You shall not hold us liable for any such modification, amendments or withdrawals.
You agree fully to indemnify Burford Garden Company and its directors and employees harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, arising out of any breach of our terms and conditions by you.
You agree to not hold us liable for any damages, losses, costs and expenses caused by any delay to delivery of your order, or any other event beyond our control.
Purchases made from Burford Art Gallery, including artwork and artefacts for sale online, are made on the understanding that Burford Garden Co. is acting as an agent on behalf of the artists and specialist suppliers.
Refunds on works are discretionary and goods must be returned within seven days of purchase, at the latest.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK Law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we in the UK throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream. Recycling reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill. We are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. Customers must return their like-for-like WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item. Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol and be disposed of separately from normal household waste.
Using the Burford Garden Company website indicates that you have read and agreed to our terms and conditions. Placing an order through our website confirms that you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions.
Burford Garden Company, Registered in England Number 2773151
Registered Office: 8 King Edward Street, Oxford OX1 4HL
V.A.T. Number 596 239 202
Burford Garden Co. runs the occasional prize draw. By entering one of our competitions you agree to the following conditions.
- Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person, unless otherwise directly stated by competition wording.
- If appropriate, multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified
- Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated.
- Participation can be via the website and/or in store.
- Participation is free with no purchase necessary.
- You must be 18 or over to enter and reside in Great Britain.
- Prizes are to be collected from Burford Garden Company, Shilton Road, Oxfordshire, OX18 4PA.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email, or directly through Social Media through our official accounts.
- Winners will have a maximum of 4 weeks to collect their prize. If not collected after this period the prize will be donated to one of our nominated charities.
- No cash alternative will be given and no alternative prize will be given.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The competition will run from the dates stated on the competition info.
- By entering a competition you will automatically be subscribed to our weekly newsletter.
- Burford Garden Company is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party.
- Employees of Burford Garden Company and immediate family members of employees are not permitted to enter our prize draws or competitions
- If for any reasons beyond our control we are unable to provide the advertised prize, we will endeavour to provide the closest alternative possible and to a similar value.
Occasionally, Burford Garden Co. may offer discount codes or offers on its products either in store or online. These codes or offers have the following terms and conditions:
- Discount codes and/or offers are not to be used in conjunction with any other discount code/offer unless otherwise stated
- We reserve the right to modify or withdraw any discount code or offer at any time
- Discounts and offers are available whilst stocks last or until the specified end date
- No cash alternative will be available for any discount or offer
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights
- Entry to our Candlelit Christmas Shopping Evening will require a ticket purchased in advance of the event
- Tickets cost £20 and admit two adults
- Children under the age of 12 are able to attend the evening accompanying an adult ticket holder
- Tickets have no alternative cash value
- Private resale of tickets is not permitted
- If for any reason you believe you will be unable to attend our Candlelit Christmas Shopping Evening after you have purchased your tickets, please contact us as soon as you are able to and we will do our best to reallocate your ticket to someone on our waiting list. If we are able to reallocate your ticket, we will process your refund as soon as we are able to.
- Refunds can only be given if tickets are returned to us safely and we are able to resell your tickets. Please note we will not be able to reimburse any postage costs.