Covid Safety Statement | Burford Garden Company
Our COVID-19 Statement
As an independent, family-owned business which sets itself very high standards of service, the welfare and safety of our customers and our staff members has always been our highest priority.
Both prior and during lockdown we have carried out regular risk assessments throughout the business, and we continue to review these on an almost daily basis as the government phases in the easing of restrictions. Our objective is to provide a 'safe as possible' working and shopping environment for our employees and our visitors and customers. However, as with all shared public environments like shops, no risk assessment can ever remove all the risks, and we ask that all visitors to our store remain vigilant and prudent when they are with us.
We have identified a number of areas where the risks may be higher and have implemented additional controls and guidelines in these areas, which are as follows.
- We have limited entry to the store to one entrance so that we can limit the number of people in the store at the same time, should that become necessary
- We ask all visitors to keep a minimum of 2 metres safe distance from other visitors outside of their immediate family or 'social bubble'.
- We advise all visitors to make use of the hand sanitiser stations at our entrance and in other locations throughout the store.
- All trolleys and baskets will be wiped with alcohol-based sanitiser after each use. To be certain of this, please only take trolleys or baskets from our dedicated entrance area.
- For the welfare of our customers, our loos and washrooms remain open and are regularly cleaned and sanitised. As with all communal areas, we cannot remove all risks so we ask our customers to be particularly careful and vigilant when using these facilities.
- As cash has been identified as a possible vector of transmission of COVID-19, we are not currently accepting cash as a means of payment. Shopping can be paid for by credit or debit cards, contactless or chip & pin, via digital wallet services (mobile payments such as Apple Pay etc) and our gift cards only.
- We have applied the same stringent distancing and sanitising protocols to stock receiving into our warehouses and home deliveries we carry out for our customers
- Our employees are prohibited from working if they show symptoms of COVID-19 until such time they have been advised by a qualified person or health body that they are not considered to be infected with the virus. The same conditions apply if any member of their household shows symptoms of COVID-19.
- All of our staff members are provided with face masks and gloves, although their usage remains optional until advised otherwise.
- Our staff members have been provided with full training on safe distancing and hygiene, which they must adhere to at all times.
- We reserve the right to decline entry to the store or, to ask to leave, any person not willing to follow our safety guidelines or not acting in a responsible, courteous and considerate way to others.
- In the interests of the welfare and safety our team and our customers, we ask that any person either diagnosed with COVID-19 or showing symptoms of COVID-19 does not visit our site.