Covid Safety Statement | Burford Garden Company
Our COVID-19 Statement
Last Updated 12th July 2021
As an independent, family-owned business which sets itself very high standards of service, the welfare and safety of our customers and our staff members has always been our highest priority.
Both prior to and during the National Lockdowns we have carried out regular risk assessments throughout the business, and we continue to review these on an almost daily basis as the Government and PHE update their COVID advice, guidance and legal requirements. Our objective is to provide a 'safe as possible' working and shopping environment for our employees and our visitors and customers. However, as with all shared public environments like shops, no risk assessment can ever remove all the risks, and we ask that all visitors to our store remain vigilant and prudent when they are with us, and follow all current guidance.
Rather than reproducing our lengthy COVID risk assessment, which is a fairly dry, 'technical' document, below is a version written in plain English. A full version of our COVID risk assessment is available on request, at the store, should you wish to see this.
We have identified a number of areas where the risks may be higher and have implemented additional controls and guidelines in these areas, which are as follows:
- We have limited entry to the store to one entrance so that we can control the number of people inside the store at the same time, should that become necessary
- We ask all visitors to keep a minimum of 2 metres safe distance from other visitors outside of their immediate household..
- We advise all visitors to make use of the hand sanitiser stations at our entrance and in other locations throughout the store.
- As COVID is most transmissible through airborne particles, we dorequest that all staff and all visitors continue to wear a face covering at all times when inside the store.unless they have a particular medical reason which prevents them from wearing a mask.
- All trolleys will be wiped with alcohol-based sanitiser after each use. To be certain of this, please only take trolleys from our dedicated trolley areas.
- Protective screens have been installed at all pay points to help reduce the risk of transmission of the virus.
- For the welfare of our customers, our loos and washrooms remain open and are regularly cleaned and sanitised. As with all communal areas, we cannot remove all risks so we ask our customers to be particularly careful and vigilant when using these facilities.
- As cash has been identified as a possible vector of transmission of COVID-19, we are continuing to not accept cash as a means of payment. Shopping can be paid for by credit or debit cards, contactless or chip & pin, via digital wallet services (mobile payments such as Apple Pay etc) and our gift cards only.
- We have applied the same stringent distancing and sanitising protocols to stock receiving into our warehouses and home deliveries we carry out for our customers
- Our employees are prohibited from working if they show symptoms of COVID-19 until such time they have been advised by a qualified person or health body that they are not considered to be infected with the virus. The same conditions apply if any member of their household shows symptoms of COVID-19.
- All of our staff members are provided with face masks and gloves, although gloves remain optional unless we are advised otherwise.
- Our staff members have been provided with full training on safe distancing and hygiene, which they must adhere to at all times.
- We reserve the right to decline entry to the store or, to ask to leave, any person not willing to follow our safety guidelines or not acting in a responsible, courteous and considerate way to others.
- In the interests of the welfare and safety our team and our customers, we ask that any person either diagnosed with COVID-19 or showing symptoms of COVID-19 does not visit our site.
- Our outdoor play area is open as permitted by Government legislation, but remains unsupervised. We are advised there is a low risk of transmission via the communal use of the play equipment provided as it is all outside, in the fresh air, but we remind all users that there is a risk nonetheless and they must take all necessary precautions when using this facility . All users of this are must therefore continue to adhere to national safe distancing and sanitisation guidelines, and clean their hands before and after use. Use of this equipment is at your risk.
- Our offices and 'behind the scenes' workspaces follow all prevailing welfare and safety protocols, with safe distancing and 'fresh air' measures in place.
- If the event of any reported postive case of COVID within our workforce, we will refer to and follow the prevailing PHE advice and guidance and adhere to any legal requirements required.
- Face to face meetings are limited to essential meetings only, with other meetings switching to virtual formats (Zoom etc) wherever possible.
- We have consulted with both our local authority (WODC) and our regional PHE Office (Chilton) with regards to the measures and protocols we have in place for the ongoing COVID-safe management of our business
If you do have any immediate questions or concerns prior to visiting the store, please send an email in the first instance to email@example.com and we will reply as soon as practical. Alternatively please telephone 01993 823117 during our normal opening hours.