Burford Garden Company Woven Garden Furniture Guarantee T&Cs
Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Woven Garden Furniture Guarantees 2021
Proof of purchase is needed for your Guarantees to be valid, so please keep your receipt in a safe place.
1. What is the scope of these Guarantees?
All items from the Burford, Chadlington and Patagonia ranges of woven garden furniture by Burford Garden Company purchased and delivered or collected on or after 1st January 2021 are covered by either the 1 Year Guarantee or the 3 Year Structural Guarantee. Please read the terms of these Guarantees carefully so that you are aware of your rights and the exclusions that will apply in respect of the product(s) you have purchased.
2. Which products have the 1 Year Guarantee?
The following Burford Garden Company products will have the benefit of a 1 Year Guarantee that the product will be fit for purpose for 1 year from the date of delivery or collection:
- furniture covers
- parasols, parasol bases, parasol covers
- cushions and cushion storage boxes
- woven reclining chairs and sofas, daybeds, lazy Susans (excluding glass)
- cocoon seats
- firepit tables
3. Which products have the 3 Year Structural Guarantee?
The following Burford Garden Company products will have the benefit of a 3 Year Structural Guarantee that the following products will remain structurally fit for purpose for 3 years from the date of delivery or collection:
- tables (excluding firepit tables)
- chairs (excluding recliner chairs)
- sofas and modular sofa components
- hanging cocoon chairs
4. What is excluded from the Guarantees?
The following exclusions apply to both Guarantees:
- Wear and tear – fair wear and tear and any damage resulting from abuse, whether intentional or accidental including burns, cuts, scratches, tears, scuffs, watermarks, indentations, damage caused by pets and wild animals, or fading caused by prolonged exposure to UV.
- Force majeure events and extreme weather – damage by fire, flood or any severe environmental condition for which the furniture and installation were not designed, including smoke, damp, high temperatures and extreme wind.
- Natural characteristics – normal shrinkage, swelling, cracks, minor warping, splitting, fading, insect damage of wooden furniture. Resin naturally fades and this is not a defect. The weave used in the woven ranges will naturally expand when it gets hot, leading to slight sagging; the weave will tighten as it cools down. Loose or sticking out strands of weave is not a structural defect. These Guarantees do not cover any such damage.
- Non-domestic use and location – these Guarantees do not extend to products used for non-domestic purposes, or taken outside the United Kingdom.
- Transferability - the Guarantees are only valid to you, the original purchaser.
- Improper maintenance – these Guarantees may be invalidated if you have failed to follow proper care procedures. These Guarantees will terminate if you attempt to modify or repair the product without the approval of Burford Garden Company.
- Glass – all glass is excluded from these Guarantees.
- No other garden furniture products other than the Burford, Chadlington and Patagonia ranges are covered by these Guarantees.
- Season-proof cushions - these should be stored indoors during prolonged periods of non-use. If the inner fibre becomes wet this is usually as a result of the air vents being inadvertently exposed to the elements, allowing water to enter the membrane. In this event outer covers should be removed and the internal fibre should be allowed to dry thoroughly prior to use. To further prevent the possibility of cushions becoming wet we would advise the use of a set of tailored waterproof covers (available to buy in store at Burford). During heavier downpours or over extended periods of non-use cushions should be stored indoors.
5. When do the Guarantees begin?
The Guarantees are valid from the date of delivery or collection, which may not be the same as the date of purchase.
6. Please note
If the product is exchanged, or a total refund is given, the ownership of the product deemed faulty reverts to Burford Garden Company. The amount of any claim under these Guarantees shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the product.
7. Your statutory rights
The above conditions relating to Burford Garden Company's woven ranges of garden furniture 3 Year Structural Guarantee and 1 Year Guarantee are not intended to affect your statutory consumer rights.
8. How to claim under these Guarantees
We hope that your furniture is as expected and without fault. Very rarely this may not be the case and if so we apologise for any inconvenience caused. To make a claim under these Guarantees, please use the following procedure:
- Proof of purchase is required, either by means of receipt or previous registration online. If you are unable to provide proof of your purchase, Burford Garden Company has no obligation to honour these Guarantees, but may do so at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Provide photos of the damage on the furniture if the defect is visible, to assist in identifying the fault.
- To claim, contact us at email@example.com or telephone our Customer Services Team on 01993 823117.
- If we agree that the defect or damage falls within the scope of these Guarantees, we will arrange a repair or replacement, as appropriate.
- Please note, if the furniture is over 12 months old you will be required to return the furniture to us at your own cost in order for us to repair or replace it.
- If you believe your claim has not been adequately addressed or if you have any queries in respect of these Guarantees, please contact our Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Guarantees are issued on behalf of the manufacturer of the Burford, Chadlington and Patagonia 2020 ranges of garden furniture by Burford Garden Company.