Amaryllis Red Velvet Bareroot Bulb, pack of one bulb
- 1 x Bulb
- Height: 30-70cm (11in-3ft)
- Weight: Approx 700g
Native to South America, the plant derives from the genus Hippeastrum, the same family as daffodils and snowdrops. Some say that Amaryllis is named after the nymph in Virgil’s ‘Eclogues’, who, in love with the gardener Alteo, pierced her heart with a golden arrow and the striking red flower that blossomed in her drops of blood was given her name.
- Flowers: Winter to spring
- October- January
- Plant 6-8 weeks before you want it to bloom
- Choose a pot not much larger than the bulb
- Allow top third of bulb to remain above the surface of the compost
- Place in a warm, well-lit spot and water sparingly until leaves develop, and then water regularly. Do not let compost dry out but do not let it sit in water in the saucer as it will easily rot.
- Turn occasionally to avoid it growing towards the light
- May need staking
- To extend flowering season, move to a cooler position
- Keep out of the reach of cats and pets as toxic
Your product is out of stock - enter your email below and you will recieve a notification when it becomes available again.
This item is age restricted, meaning you must be aged 18 or over to purchase. Age verification will take place during the checkout process using the information you provide. When your order is delivered, you will be asked to sign for the delivery, and proof of ID may be required.
If the initial age verification is unsuccessful, we will contact you asking you to provide further information to prove that you are aged 18 or over. If we cannot verify your age, unfortunately we will be unable to accept your order of this age restricted item and we will be in touch to arrange a refund and to find out how you would like to proceed with the rest of your order.