Lycium barbarum (Gojiberry)
- Height and Spread: up to 300cm (10ft) x W: 400cm (13ft) in 10-20 years
Goji berries are well known in Asia as a ‘superfood’ - packed full of nutrients and antioxidants, they have been used for thousands of years as a supplement to balance the body and protect against age related eye diseases such as glaucoma.
- Flowers: June
- Fruit: August - Sept
- Well drained soil
- All aspects
- Full sun
- Highly prolific and self-pollinating
- Ensure the soil is kept moist as the fruit is swelling
- Protect the fruits from the birds (or leave berries on the shrub to encourage wildlife)
- Prune after harvesting to encourage new fruit-bearing upright shoots (flowers and fruit are formed on the stems from the previous year)
- Estimated time to cropping once planted: 2-3 years
Wear gloves for protection against spines
- Berries can turn black when handled so consider harvesting by shaking the shrub gently and allowing berries to fall onto sheet below
Your product is out of stock - enter your email below and you will receive a notification when it becomes available again.